Tuesday, October 8, 2013

2 weeks to Fit!

Cant believe it's already been 2 weeks, and I have 2 more to go!

I wish I had better news... When I stepped on the scale this morning I was at 147 again, so I'm not sure if that's bloating or fullness, or If I undid my hard work in the first week with my crappy work in the 2nd. 
I'll weigh in again tomorrow and hopefully the number will have budged a little!

I ran today for 30 minutes straight. I haven't done that in a while. It was on a treadmill, of course, but still great! My BFF is running a 5k on Thursday and it is a qualifier for the Peachtree Road race so I am really hoping she does well. I did the downhill 5K in August and finished in right under 30 minutes so if she can get anywhere close to that we will be in the same heat.

Today I told my boss that I will be moving from my current role in back into a role in that the practice.  I currently work for national, developing strategies and teaching development courses but I missed the technical aspects of a tax return. I really hope this is a good move. I talked to my boyfriend about it today and he didn't seem too enthusiastic.  Sometimes I don't feel that he listens to me or has empathy about how I'm feeling. I don't think I ask too much of him to want him to understand how I feel and listen when I need an ear,  but I think something happened growing up been made him less receptive to those types of feelings then other people are. Maybe it wasn't something discernible but perhaps just the culture he grew up in or the family environment. I will give him credit though he was really excited when I told him about my official acceptance of the new role, so I think what he can't handle is it wavering and the uncertainty it took to get there. Either way, it's really frustrating and I think I either need to learn to deal with it or figure out another solution, like leaning on my friends for advice and support.

Today's food was right around 1350 and the run was about 275. All in all a good day.

1 comment:

  1. My husband isn't the most empathetic either. He is a man of few words in situations like that and sometimes it is frustrating. He says, what do you want me to say? I want him to talk it out the way I would with my friends but I wonder if it's a guy thing that he doesn't know how to do that.

    ReplyDelete