Wednesday, September 25, 2013

26 Days to Fit

I really need to not step on the scale every morning.  This morning I stepped on and it said 145.2!  Not POSSIBLE!  You don't lose 2 pounds in a day!  Crazy.  Maybe I'm dehydrated, maybe the scale is off, or maybe 147 was wrong!  Whatever it is, I'm going to weigh in again on Monday with a "real" weight, and see how I'm doing.

So, day 3 was hard.  I slept in, so I had a late breakfast, and then I didn't snack before lunch.  I think that caused an issue, because after lunch I was feeling some cravings. It was almost like I just wanted to put food in my mouth.  I was a little bored at work, which could have had something to do with it as well.

There was a birthday, and I didn't go to the cake celebration, but I did get some leftover frosting.  I think it was only a few tablespoons, but it was still NOT part of the plan.  I was disappointed in myself, but given that I've been under my calorie goal for the last two days, I'm not too disappointed.  I think I can bounce back and be successful the rest of the week.

My hip is feeling sore after yesterday's run, but I need to get in some calorie burn today to keep on top of this week.  I plan to let my dinner digest for about 30 minutes, and then use the elliptical for 45 minutes.  Low impact will be good, and I can go easy if I need to.

Tomorrow I am working from home because I have a dentist appointment in the morning and a recruiting event in the evening.  I'll be gone at the recruiting event from 4-11pm, and of course, there will be food and alcohol provided from 8:00-9:30.  I believe it will be a buffet/appetizer type of dinner, which is the worst kind.  Over exposure to food drains my will power.  I can say no the first 2 times, but if it's there for 2 hours, I'm afraid I'll indulge.  I plan to eat a snack before I hit the road at 4, and bring a Balance bar with me.  This protein bar doesn't taste the best, but I think it will fill me up if I eat it right before 8.  I'll make sure to have logged all my calories so I know where I'm at before I get to the buffet, and I'll sit facing away from it if possible.

Miranda, I found a protein drink from Slim-fast that has 20 grams protein.  I think I'll buy those for the rest of this month.  I like the special K ones, but I just want to try to up my protein intake and see how I do.  I definitely don't want to eat chicken for breakfast!


Today's intake: 
Breakfast: Special K drink 
Lunch: Hard Boiled Egg and Chicken Caesar salad
Snack: hard boiled egg, frosting and carrots
Dinner: veggie burger with a slice of cheese and salsaon an English muffin.

Total calories: 1395

Calories left to eat this week: 5,935
Calories left to burn this week: 1,775 (haven't worked out yet, but I assume this will be 1,375 when I get back)

2 comments:

  1. Oh cool! And how many cals? I have heard that eating backwards can be helpful for weight loss but dinner foods don't appeal to me really early in the AM. Keep on keeping on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only "ready to drink" shakes ect i have found here are loaded with sugar - and the "regular" protein powders I have tried so far taste like death.... Sometimes I wish we had some of the choices you guys have in the US.. I'd kill for some fat free greek yogurt...

    ReplyDelete