Monday, August 13, 2012

Not a lot going on with me.  I'm still in Phoenix for work.  Kind of weird being away from home over the weekend for work, but I survived.  I worked a little bit yesterday, and then just lounged/read/watched the OC today.  I've never seen the OC.  Not sure why I wasn't into it in college... but I figured I'd be a little bored here and so I've been watching it on and off.  Shark Week starts today though, so I may hold off on OC so I can watch in horror all the scary shark shows.

I've been doing Insanity almost every day.  It is so freaking hard.  Like, dripping in sweat during the warm up, and having to stop before every exercise is over.  I wish that my body would show some progress given I've been working out so hard, but it's really difficult to eat healthy while traveling.  Usually I order a salad when we go out to lunch or dinner, but last week, we had lunch catered every day, so I had to take what I could get.  This coming week, we're having lunch and dinner catered so we can work longer hours.  YUCK.  I have plenty of zone bars..... but not plenty of self control.  It's too easy to grab a handful of M&Ms when everyone else is doing it.  I need to remember that in order to get what I want, I have to work for it.  Yes my butt is sore from 1,000 squats, and yes I've been sleeping well after my intense workouts, but if I ruin it with chips or candy, what's the point, right?

The new job is going great.  It's really hard to think outside the box.  I'm so used to doing tax returns, knowing that there is 1 right answer I have to get to.  Consulting means there are so many right answers, I just have to figure out what the right answer is for a specific situation.  It's totally out of my comfort zone.  Anyway.. I'm sure no one wants to hear about that.  I'm glad that Reese and Harlow are back... I missed them both!

3 comments:

  1. um, actually I TOTALLY want to hear about work. I'm thinking of going back to work (i'm a stay home mom now), I have a background in accounting and I was THINKING of trying to get on with H & R Block doing taxes. So, ya, I'm interested :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insanity is Insane. You get props just for doing it. Group eating and traveling is the pits when you are trying to diet. It's so easy to make mistakes. Sounds like you are doing pretty good though. Glad you like the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a reason why its called insanity ^^ It's amazing that you have been doing it every day :) Keep going and soon you will notice the dif.

    It sounds like you are doing good Ok with the food even with all the catering. Dw too much about it, just do your best to make the healthiest options from the things that are there.

    Again.. I envy your new job :) it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete