Thursday, February 3, 2011

revelations: 
1. when you burn more than you consume, you lose weight.
2. when you make healthy choices, you feel full and not deprived.  this causes less binging... and less purging.
3. when you give something to yourself, like time to exercise, you feel more relaxed, happier, and possibly a little lighter/tighter.
4. giving into temptation once in a while is okay.  as long as it is measured and realistic, and can be made up for the day before/after.

i am down to 141.  this doesn't seem low to me.  i am realistic.... but considering that I've been in the high 140s for like... ever.... I am really happy with my progress.  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I've stopped drinking so much.  When I do drink, it is at the end of the day when I can consider how much I can really afford.

today we have a happy hour planned to celebrate me becoming a CPA... not just passing all the exams, but getting the actual certificate, which requires a ridiculous number of forms, experience, etc.  it is a margarita happy hour.  my diet today:  breakfast- special k, lunch- salad, snack- carrots/peppers, happy hour- margarita, a few chips, and maybe a bowl of soup.  no exercising today because Grey's is on finally, and I have a date with a girlfriend... but no drinking there.. just diet coke!

2 comments:

  1. We learn as we go on this weight loss journey. Hopefully, at some point we figure it out and manage to stay mostly in control. Glad you are seeing some results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the CPA certification. You seem to work really hard!!

    ReplyDelete