Monday, February 21, 2011

from Fitness Overhaul:
Here are the four steps which I will break down in detail in a series of future posts:
  1. Plan
  2. Act
  3. Evaluate
  4. Adjust
The first step to achieving anything in life is to actually know what it is that you want. This is where the planning comes in. If you don’t have a plan, you will never make any permanent results.
I have found this to be very true.  When I start my day without thinking about what I am going to eat/drink, or if I am going to exercise, I almost always make decisions based on instant gratification.

Another tactic that you can use and will definitely help is to get a mental image of what you want your body to look like. Visualize yourself doing things that you will be doing with your new look. The more vivid the better, try and make up little scenarios that you will be in with your new look. Visualize yourself training, eating better, even getting compliments from others about how great you look.

So here is my ideal:
  • Weigh 125 lbs
  • Wear a size 2 jeans
  • Train 4 times per week
  • Feel healthier
  • Be more flexible
Written Goal:  I weigh 125 lbs wearing a size 2 pants by June 30, 2011. I feel healthy, strong, and have incredible flexibility.  I train 6 days per week and I never miss a workout.  I make conscious decisions about my workout and choose to be healthy.  I am happier and more confident than when I was overweight and now know I can achieve any goal that I set my mind to.  If I get off track or miss a workout, I can easily regain composure and move closer to my goal every day.

 What's your goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment