Monday, May 28, 2012

HIIT and memorial day weekend

At the pool right now, enjoying my Monday off! I just completed my 3rd HIIT run (2 per week) of 60 seconds running at 9mph 9 times. I definitely thought I would throw up about half way through. My legs are burning right now, but I guess that's the point of high intensity exercises! I really want to go to my favorite spin class tonight, but I may be too tired.
I've gained back about a half a pound this weekend not eating low carb, but that's not a big deal, and I'm back on the bandwagon this week. Obviously it's not as effective for any diet to break on the weekend, but will it be a big deal for low carb since ketone levels will change? Maybe I need to do some research instead of just asking questions.
I am up for a new job at work and just had one of my bosses tell me it would be a huge career mistake to take it. I've heard her give this speech to other ppl she doesn't want to lose. She made some good points, and while she was talking I agreed with her, but actually thinking about it, I would love this job, and be good at it, and I'm young enough to try something new. I'm definitely taking the job if I get it.

2 comments:

  1. good luck with the possible new job.

    Do your knees hurt when you run? I find that HIIT kills my knees but I know it has great results. How do you keep your knees from hurting (if you have problems with that). Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely do the job if u want it! HIIT is sooooo good for fat burning! even if ur not losing weight on the scale I'm sure ur body fat % is definitely going down:) give ur legs a good long stretch and relax by taking a bath or something else pampering:) ur legs deserve it! stay strong<3

    ReplyDelete